roaming & reconnection

Hi Folks,

New to building SIP clients, I wonder if somebody can point me in the
right direction.

It seems like there is some work in progress
(https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/IPAddressChange) regarding
functionality for reconnecting a call when a client's IP address
changes, but...
- it's not clear what is currently in pjsip and what's a future
- more generally, what kind of functionality, and what are best
practices, for keeping calls connected when roaming across multiple
carriers, with attendant IP address changes (e.g, when using a device
with dual-sim capabilities)?

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman