PJProject 2.4 SVN revision 5143 Will Not Build Shared Libraries ( for me )

Michel Vaillancourt wrote:
> Howdy, folks.
>
> I'm working with a customer that needs PJSIP and Asterisk.
>
> So, I've grabbed the current SVN Trunk (revision 5143) for PJSIP and
> then used:
>
>     touch pjlib/include/pj/config_site.h
>
>     ./configure  \
>        --enable-shared \
>        --disable-sound --disable-video \
>        --disable-resample \
>        --disable-opencore-amr \
>        --prefix=/usr \
>        CFLAGS='-O2 -DNDEBUG'
>

> The machine is Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS, with all current package updates
> applied.
>
> However, when I compile, I wind up with *static* libraries.  This, of
> course, is "Thou Art Doomed" for use with Asterisk 13.x.  It segfaults
> out every time on device registration.
>
> I've been picking at this all day, searching blog sites, etc, to try and
> figure out what I am doing wrong here.
>
>     # grep 'shared' config.log
>     aconfigure:5693: result: Building shared libraries... yes
>     aconfigure:6514: result: Building libresample as shared library... no
>     ac_shared_libraries='1'

That shows that they are being built as shared libraries. Have you
examined the entire system to make sure there aren't two installs? Every
case I've seen with this has been because there are two pjproject
installs (usually one in /usr and another in /usr/local).

--
Joshua Colp