RTP message burst.

I did some more investigation on this topic I didn't solve it yet but I
would like to share with you what I discovered.

I implement a splitcomb and master clock to have a rtp packet produced at
regular interval (ie each 20ms in my case) and this is working perfectly. I
even trace the time the udp packet are sent (sys_sendto) and it is sent as
expected.

But on the router and even sniffing the wifi traffic in promiscuous mode in
can see it is not the case. On mobile phone running Android 4.1/4.2 I use
to see 2 packets sent in the same Ms each 40ms. Using Android 4.4 the
situation is worst at the beginning it is send as in 4.1/4.2 but after a
while I have 6 packets in a burst afetr 120ms. This is not acceptable for
the network I'm integrating.
   Could it be due to the process priority on Android which is downgraded?
Some IO problem? Some internal OS thread scheduling on the IO?
   Any hint?

 Fran?ois