Conference bridge static background noise

Hi all,

I'm having issues with a constant level of background noise on the PJSip
conference bridge. It sounds like a gentle hissing or static sound, and
it's constant regardless of whether people are talking or not.

If I create a simple app to test the mic/speaker independent from PJSip
then no hissing is heard, pointing to a software issue.

Is there some sort of comfort noise generator that I might have missed?
Or is there some other explanation for why this noise is being generated?

Thanks for any help/pointers. I've been scratching my head over this one
for days.

Dave