From: jordip [mailto:j.parera@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: 16 January 2014 10:45
To: pjsip list
Subject: Re: Can't find audio device on Raspberry Pi

Hi,

Wow thanks for answering so fast Chris.

You are right I am using Raspbian (i tried Arch but im no linux expert so i wen't back)
The Asterisk is on the server that it's  a PC not on the pi.

I already make it work using a USB webcam as a mic, i bougth a logilink usb sound card but pjsip doesn't like it ( from command line and even python alsa plays and records fine from that usb soundcard but 2.1 pjsip no),  I also noticed that if no usb webcam it didnt start only to play incoming sound. I need it in two way audio so i won't bother using no input but i would like to make it work with the usb sound card or a usb mic rather that a more expensive logitech webcam.

To make it work consistennty since it fails and gets stuck sometimes I added some daemons that kill revive the pjsic script :D

Again many thanks and cya

Kind Regards Jordi.

El 16/01/14 11:32, Swinney C. ha escrit:

	Hi parera,

	Assuming you are using Raspian on the Pi as an OS (which is usually the case) ALSA is installed and configured by default. Port Audio is NOT installed and for PJSIP to work, doesn't need to be (AFAIK). In fact we had issue when it was installed. However, you will find that PJSIP doesn't like the fact that the Pi only has an Audio Output and no Input. You can get around this in two ways -either use a USB audio device (that has both input and output), or set up a dummy ASLA driver if you don't require an input. The latter is really easy (when you know how), although it took me weeks and months to figure it out! Read the rest of this thread in the archives.

	I have used the standard 2.1 build rather than the SVN repositories as the PJSUA and PJSTEST applications did not compile by default (and I didn't know if this was a sign that there might be other issues).

	However, I am talking here about the PJSIP client that can be downloaded from the PJSIP website. Whilst I believe that Asterisk 12 uses PJSIP for its SIP stack, I think that this is a modified version and is not the same thing as that which you would download from PJSIP. I should be looking into this shortly as I would like to setup Asterisk and a PJSIP client on the same Pi, but I haven't got around to this as yet.

	Regards,

	Chris