Automatic gain control in PJSIP?

Hey,

is there such a thing as automatic gain control in PJSIP?
We have the problem that the loudness is changing during a call (local
network; codecs: G.722 or L16). We could track it down to the sending
client and found the loudness change in a outgoing recordings (using PJSIP
recorder).
Audacity shows no change in frequency, but only in the loudness.

We changed already the sound cards and checked the sound input using
could reproduce the problem with two computers.

Technical details:
* Ubuntu 13.10 32bit
* python-pjsip from here
https://launchpad.net/~dennis.guse/+archive/sip-tools-beta (Version 2.1 svn
ref. 4605).

We are doing nothing special here, just get the appropriate sound device
(EDIROL UA-25EX) and make call (plus start audio recording).

Any hints would be appreciated....

PS: A wave recording can be provided.
---
Dennis Guse