Can't find audio device on Raspberry Pi

On Jan 3, 2014, at 4:26 PM, Swinney C. wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is anyone aware of a way to get PJSIP to work on the Raspberry Pi so that it might just use the 3.5mm audio out? We have no need to take a mic input and so just are looking to have PJSIP as a dumb client accepting an inbound call and outputting the incoming audio stream via the 3.5 mm audio socket. At this point in time we didn?t want to add a USB (or other) sound device, however, from what I am reading below, even a USB sound device isn?t working that well.
>
> Has anyone had ay greater success with the Raspberry Pi? If so, what hardware are you using?

Hi,

I did get both the audio jack and a USB device working. Compile PJSIP with ALSA backend instead of PortAudio, and make sure the sample rate is 16KHz. FOr me G722 and PCMA/PCMU codecs worked fine.

Also, update your Raspberry Pi firmware to the latest available, at some point in late october they made a fix for ALSA which made the sound quality noticeably better.

Good luck!

--
Sa?l Ibarra Corretg?
AG Projects