Can't find audio device on Raspberry Pi

Hi Sa?l,

Many thanks for this, however, I am still running into issues.

Previously (several months ago, if not longer) we built PJSIP and got a somewhat functional system. However, all we got out of the analogue output on the Pi was a screech. The other day I decided to give this another go so started again. Initially I used the original Raspian install (updated and upgraded - both OS and Firmware) but re-downloaded PJSIP, and recompiled from scratch. Whilst I think the compilation completes OK, I can't see the PJSUA app that is supposed to be in the '~/pjproject/pjsip-apps/bin' folder, however, I can find it anywhere. So I created a new install from the latest Raspian, and re-compiled PJSIP but end up with the same issue. There are some binaries that are created in the '~/pjproject/pjsip-apps/bin/samples/armv6l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf' folder, but no main PJSUA app.

If I try to run the 'playfile' sample binary with a correct WAV file, I get the following output:

	$ ./playfile ~/NeroSoundTrax_test5_PCM_Mono_VBR_16SS_8000Hz.wav
	01:08:17.948 os_core_unix.c !pjlib 2.1-svn for POSIX initialized
	01:08:18.037     alsa_dev.c  Added sound device default:CARD=ALSA
	01:08:18.046     alsa_dev.c  Added sound device sysdefault:CARD=ALSA
	01:08:18.048     alsa_dev.c  ALSA driver found 2 devices
	01:08:18.051     alsa_dev.c  ALSA initialized
	01:08:18.054          pjlib  select() I/O Queue created (0xa5aa7c)
	01:08:18.058   wav_player.c  File player '/home/pi/NeroSoundTrax_test5_PCM_Mono_VBR_16SS_8000Hz.wav' created: samp.rate=8000, ch=1, bufsize=4KB, filesize=166KB
	01:08:18.060     playfile.c  Unable to open sound device: Unable to find default audio device (PJMEDIA_EAUD_NODEFDEV) [code=420006]

Of course, checking the troubleshooting for sound on the PJSIP site (http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/audio-check-correct-device) is says you just need to run the PJSUA app - which I can't do because I can't find it.

I'm obviously missing something that I managed to do before, but I can't remember what it was.

Regards,

Chris