PJSIP Audio fades, distorts and inaudible on ARM-i.MX53

Hi,

I built PJSIP and run on Freescale ARM i.MX53. The video call works well.
The issue is with the audio.

The call gets initiated from the i.MX base board to a mobile running the
csipsimple android app. The audio is heard properly on the mobile but not on
the i.MX board. The audio is heard clearly on for 1-2 secs and it starts to
fade out or distorted. Sometimes audio is both distorted and faded. I tried
all the steps in the audio troubleshooting as mentioned in the PJSIP
website.

I checked my sound output by playing an audio file. It plays well.

Following steps I tried.

1.       Tried using PCMU and PCMA as the board supports only PCM. SPEEX is
disabled on the board.

2.       Disabled the echo canceller. Did not have any effect on the result.

3.       In-call volume to increased 5.0x, 10.0x and went up to 100.0x.
Every time I increased this the audio gets worser.

4.       Tried forcing 8KHz sample. Still no improvement.

Can you suggest what could fix my issue?

I could not get the packet statistics. Somehow the TX and RX packet count
always shows zero when I use the 'dq' while in call.

Thanks & Regards

Varma SVRP

Technical Lead | Orvito Technologies India Pvt Ltd.

M: +91-9032867017

cid:image002.png at 01CDD3CC.69D07270

8-2-269/S/41 | Plot No.: 41 | Sagar Society| Banjara Hills | Road No.: 2 |
Hyderabad - 500038

 <http://www.orvito.com/> www.orvito.com