From: pjsip [mailto:pjsip-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ted Gerold
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 8:19 PM
To: PJSip
Subject: Problems with Outbound Calls

Hello,

  I have spent a few days now trying to make an output call with PJSAU but I
can not seem to figure out why its not working properly.

Here is the program I'm using (I got this example from some pj site):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltic4hw5hm8p3xz/sip.c

Here is my full log file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/61qtwoh25jox8d9/sip.log

At first I was getting the 'cant find sound device' which I expected as I'm
not trying to connect to an external sound device.  I simply want to make a
call, play a wav and hangup.  So I used:
pjsua_set_null_snd_dev() to fix that.  Now I can make the call and the other
end rings just fine but nothing happens after that.  No media state changes,
no call_id given.  It waits about 5 seconds and disconnects (pjsua is not
disconnecting as again there is no media state change).
Then PJSUA just tries calling again.

So to summarize:

o call initiates
o i pick up phone and hear nothing
o no media state change in pjsua
o pjsua calls me 2 more times before quitting.

At this point Ive probably spent at least 10 hours on this problem and am
desperate.  Any help is much appreciated.  I tried to provide all possible
information.

Also I did test my DID provider Vitelity with a soft phone app and it worked
great.