Mapped ports using STUN in pjsua seems to be same as original ports

Hi Sundar,

On 07-Feb-12 09:33, Sundar Subramaniyan wrote:
> Hi Alain,
>
> The issue I face is registration could not be performed under NAT. The
> registration is OK if I use a connection without NAT.
> The registration request is sent many times without any response. I suspect
> this is because of the invalid mapping obtained by STUN.

that might not be the reason why your REGISTER request is not going
through.

The Registrar if it gets/processes the request, would then notify
you about a discrepancy with what your request claims the mapped
port is, rport being used in the first place.

> this is wired, if the test was performed on different machines and at the
>> *same* time.
>>
> The router lease time can be short therefor the keep-alive mechanism.
>>
> The two instances were run on the same time. Taking the STUN mapping alone
> into account, the mapped addresses are same.

Yep, did try and you are correct.
The STUN part (Binding Request/Response) is also correct.

Did use the same iptel.org registrar with the same setting and
everything is working perfectly.

The thing i would like to try is receiving a call from both
endpoints and see where the router sends that inbound request to ;o)
But no time for that now!

> Don't get your question, why would the same router has more that one level
>> of NAT/NAPT?
>>
> I think i understood incorrectly from you, that the NAT is "full cone" as
> viewed by the STUN server/client and "port restricted" from the inside. I
> thought you meant there could be different levels of NAT within the same
> router ;)
>
> Can you please send the related PCAP/log_files to us, so that we can check
>> what is going on?
>>
> Please find attached the log captured from the console when running pjsua.
> I use pjsip version 1.10.

 From your logs, everything is just fine.
There is something you need to figure out: why is the registrar not
getting your packets. As i stated previously, did the same test with
the same setting (Port restricted NAT), same registrar with
different results.

> BTW can you please try this, on both instances of PJSUA running on
>> different machines, register an account and check the addresses in the Via
>> Header and the one in the Contact header?
>>
> Sorry, I cannot try it as the registration is failing.

You can force the proxy to talk to you and at least send you a
401/INVITE and then you check the rport thing ;o)

Cheers,
Alain