Mapped ports using STUN in pjsua seems to be same as original ports

Hi Sundar,

On 31-Jan-12 09:56, Sundar Subramaniyan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The question is about the pjsua application, used with STUN (using host
> stun.pjsip.org)
>
> The public IP address reported is correct, however the mapped ports look
> the same as their original source ports. i.e. 5060 (SIP UDP port), and
> 4000-4007 (RTP/RTCP ports)
> It seemed to be valid to me initially since some home routers may perform
> address translation alone.
> But I checked if these ports are open from online port scanners, and they
> seem to be closed from the outside.
>
> I've tried the application behind two different routers configured with
> NAT. The behavior seems to be same. I didn't get a different port mapped to
> the source ports.
> The NAT types detected were "port restricted" and "restricted" when using
> different routers.
>
> I've only used the --stun-srv option without TURN/ICE.
>
> Is there any configuration I need to do to get the mapped ports apart from
> specifying stun-srv?

both routers do have *full cone NAT*, thus will try to map the same
internal ip:port to the same external ip:port.

The online port scanner fails because of the underlying *restricted
cone* and *Port Restricted Cone* NAT. Both are full cone NAT with
additional restrictions. May be you wanna check RFC #3489.

To get the mapped port apart, run two different instances of pjsua
behind the same router ;o)

Cheers,
Alain

--