TCP and IPv6

| We already have TCP support for iOS of course.

Sure.

I mentioned iOS, because PJSIP seems to support IPv6 over UDP for a while
now, implicitly declaring TCP the "not so important" protocol in a certain
way. I just wanted to say that TCP is not "not so important" on iOS. ;)

| So the question is, is
| there really a situation with iOS where *IPv6* TCP is "the only"
| option? Because we were talking about #1127.

No. Of course TCP/IPv4 is working fine on iOS for a long time.

But there are situations, where you *want* IPv6. As far as I have seen it,
iOS prefers the IPv6 address over the IPv4 one, when resolving a hostname.
So if you are doing address resolution using the system APIs, you need to
handle that.

Actually it's no big deal, because IPv4 will still be around for a while
and filtering the list for IPv4 addresses is easy.

It just doesn't feel right, to bypass IPv6 if it is available on the
network. ;)

Keep up the good work,
Sebastian.