TCP and IPv6

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 6:36 PM,  <s.marek at avm.de> wrote:
> Hi all - especially Benny ;),
>
> after two days of debugging, patching, pondering and scratching my head
> over IPv6, and what *I* could be doing wrong, I just realised that there
> is no IPv6 support for SIP TCP sockets in PJSIP yet. I just discovered
> ticket #1127. ^^ (silly me)
>
> But the intarwebs is there to help: someone posted a patch to the asterisk
> repository: https://code.asterisk.org/code/cru/CR-ASTSCF-16
>
> Does that look like something, that incorporates IPv6 support on PJSIP TCP
> SIP sockets in a reasonable manner?

Yes, it certainly looks like that!

> Thanks for any comments,
> Sebastian.
>
> PS: any chance #1127 is switching from the 2.0 to the 1.12 milestone?
> Because of Apples restrictions on background operation, people using PJSIP
> on iOS are effectively bound to TCP instead of UDP.

Probably no, we try not to put new features in the 1.x, otherwise we
can't call it stable anymore.

But what has iOS got to do with this? The 2.0 *will* be running on all
existing platforms that we support. It's just that video will only be
available on the desktop platforms on the initial release.

 Benny