music on hold

On Jan 31, 2011, at 9:59 AM, Thomas Martin wrote:

> Hello Mr. Gecko,
>
> first of all, thank you very much for your prompt response.
>
> I had the suspicion that something like that (https://github.com/GRMrGecko/VoiceMac/blob/master/Classes/VoiceBase/SIP/MGMSIPCall.m) needs to be done. - I was (and still am) not sure about the exact semantics of pjsua_call_set_hold(), though.
>
> The reference manual is not very verbose on this either. - Do you have any insight with respect to the semantics and overall effects of
>
> 	pjsua_call_set_hold() - respectively: pjsua_call_reinvite()
>
> versus:
>
> 	pjsua_conf_disconnect(0, conf_port);
> 	pjsua_conf_adjust_rx_level(conf_port, 0);
>
> respectively:
>
> 	pjsua_conf_connect(0, conf_port);
> 	pjsua_conf_adjust_rx_level(conf_port, previousValue);
For some reason pjsua_call_set_hold() doesn't work on every SIP provider, so I had to do it with muting anyway.

> Also: 1) why do you mute the microphone instead of just disconnecting it as well?
Well, if you disconnect it, the music won't play as there is no connection (That is what I remembered. There might have also be the issue of the provider disconnecting me.).

> 2) I noticed that you do not disconnect the player's conf-port to stop the music - you just pjsua_player_destroy() it. Is this sufficient ?
I never had any luck with disconnecting it as it ended up crashing the application, so I ended up just destroying it hoping it won't cause problems.