[OT] 3G under Samsung Galaxy 5 and Galaxy Mini fail with UDP (RTP) traffic

2011/7/26 I?aki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>:
> Hi, I've checked and re-checked that when using any PJSIP softphone
> (or even Skype!!) in a Samsung Galaxy 5 and Galaxy Mini (running
> Android 2.1 and 2.2.1) with 3G connection, the VoIP is unfeasible as
> the outgoing RTP is corrupted (if you say "hello" the remote will hear
> "heeeeelloooooooo" with a latency increasing every second). Incoming
> sound is good however.
>
> This problem does not occur with same SIM card in a Galaxy S or in
> some HTC models also using Android.

I'm sorry, this is not an issue in CSipSimple neither in PJSIP or
Samsung Galaxy models.

My SIM was configured by my operator just to connect via GPRS (even if
my Samgung/Android shows 3G or HSDPA). Obviously outgoing audio via
GPRS is just a pain.

The issue is solved now as my operator has changed my SIM
configuration in the server.

--
I?aki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>