Unable to hear voice in local speaker using Pjsua app on iPhone iOS4

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM, Pablo Nunez <nunezlopez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Benny Prijono <bennylp <at> teluu.com> writes:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for the detailed report. I'm guessing that you have problem
>> with NAT, hence STUN should be enabled. The instruction to enable NAT
>> in [1] was outdated (sorry for that, but I just fixed it), the option
>> should be "--stun-srv" instead of "--use-stun1". For example, add this
>> in your cmdline:
>>
>> ? --stun-srv stun.pjsip.org
>>
> Anyway I manage to set up the STUN server by adding this line of code on the
> XCode in the app_init method:
> app_config.media_cfg.no_vad = PJ_TRUE;
> app_config.cfg.stun_host = pj_str ("stun.pjsip.org");
>
> Now, when I run the app it detects the STUN server and if I put 'n' in command
> line it says "NAT detected as Symmetric"
>
> The bad news for me are that Im still unable to hear any sound on my local
> iPhone speaker.

You're behind symmetric NAT, and that's quite difficult to work with,
as it depends on whether the other party is also behind another
symmetric or port restricted NAT. If this is the case, then there's no
other solution except to use relaying service.

 -Benny