Turn your free SIP softphone into a voice quality monitoring instrument with Sevana’s NIQA application

Hello Klaus,

>> Read more from here:
>> http://wordpress.sevana.fi/category/voice-sound-quality-testing-software/
>
> Is it really possible to calculate the MOS just from the received
> recording - without comparing it to the original file? Doesn't MOS suffer
> from delay (which is not detectable just from the recording)?

It is really possible to calculate MOS just from a single recording, but
methods for that may be different. Here is a reference to ITU-T standard for
single-sided voice quality measurement:

Single-ended method for objective speech quality assessment in narrow-band
telephony applications // ITU-T
Recommendation P.563 / http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-P.563-200405-I/en

And here is description of our approach:

http://www.sevana.fi/non-intrusive-voice-quality-testing-software.php

> Does somebody know how pjsip writes the wavefile? Will it be written
> exactly like to the audio device (with possible jitter buffer
> under/overrun and playback-speed adjustments) or will the voice sample be
> written just one after the other to the wave file?

Call audio will be saved one after another into the same file, however, this
can also be solved in order to receive recording of a single call.