DTMF tone is not heard inband from router

> Ravi

I think we are talking about 2 different things. If you are sending RFC2833,
 then the remote end should reproduce the sound. However, if you are between
2 UAC devices (i,e, 2 soft phones), then what will the sound represent and
how will you know the difference? I don't know about you, but I don't speak
DTMF ;-) In my experience, I normally see Gateway replaying DTMF to PSTN, or
IVR systems, or something like that. I really don't see the use of DTMF
between 2 users. Is it just curiosity, or is there another type of an
application that requires it?
Just curious myself ;-)

Alex