DTMF tone is not heard inband from router

Hi,

I have a question about dtmf tone being heard at an endpoint.
I have full blown application developed using pjsip.
i have two scenarios here. One i am connected to a cisco sip gateway and the
other is with any other softphone like 3cx.

both the router and the softphone send dtmf inband and also the rfc 2833...
but some how i am not able to hear the tone when it comes in band over the
router and i can hear it with softphone.
initially thought it was a router issue but the router when connected with a
linksys sip phone i am able to listen the dtmf from the router inband.

I am not able to judge why this is happening.when i see it on wireshark both
the packets appear to be the same from router as well as the sip phone...
can anybody help me out on this please....its an emergency in my project to
be able to listen and as well as get the info of the dtmf....

Thanks,
Ravi