Jitter buffer discard

Hi,

After some search, I found the problem I have pointed is not new. This
problem has been addressed before in a series of threads (not well
organized in the list history for some reason):
http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2008-September/004833.html

As a matter of fact, the quality degradation I see is quite similar to
the one pointed by Massimiliano and the first explanation given by
Benny matches exactly what I have seen in my debugs. In the beginning
of the call, frames are inserted in the jitter buffer in a burst and
jitter buffer reacts by dropping the excessive frames.

Even though this problem have been addressed before, I does not seem
to have been resolved. As I said before, in a call from A to B, MOS
measured at A is lower than at B (which is 4.4 as expected). I don't
think this kind of behavior should be accepted as it clearly
represents a quality degradation in a great number of calls and can
interfere directly on PESQ results.

The problem is not exactly located in the jitter buffer, but probably
in ioqueue who is causing this burst of insertions in the buffer.
Since this problem only occurs in one host of peer-to-peer call, I
think it is a matter of comparing the caller and the callee behavior.

I will try to investigate this matter in my spare time, but would also
like to listen to some more experienced opinions, of course. =D

--
[]'s
Andr? de Abrantes