Jitter buffer discard

Hi,

I have been studying voice quality using pjsua and came across a nice
tricky "feature" of pjmedia's jitter buffer. Either using progressive
discard or not, in the begging of the call, some frames are discarded
unnecessarily (20~25).

It seems to happen because there is a big number of frames waiting in
the buffer right before the jitter buffer's state changes from
initializing to processing. All of this, however, does not happen all
the time. To be more specific, if pjsua A calls directly
(peer-to-peer) to pjsua B, this event can be noticed only in A.

I have been trying to find a nice way of minimizing this effect but
have not found anything worth until now. As I am not exactly an expert
in pjsip, I decided to ask around here if this kind of discard has
been noticed before. Should I open a ticket for this?

Thanks!

--
[]'s
Andr? de Abrantes