High load after upgrade to release 1.5.5 (and 1.6)

> Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 20:13:01 +0700
> From: bennylp@xxxxxxxxx
> To: pjsip at lists.pjsip.org
> Subject: Re: High load after upgrade to release 1.5.5 (and 1.6)
>
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Arie Velthoen
> <arie_velthoen at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > My intention was to use about 500-1000 calls, but it appeared that there was
> > no performance penalty in raising PJSUA_MAX_CALLS to 2048 (before release
> > 1.5.5).
>
> Try lowering it now and see if the CPU usage decreases.

This helps but not enough.

> > On a "Xeon 5130 at 2.00GHz 2G Win2003R2" system I have reached some 1200 calls
> > with a wav-player each, using SIPp with 40 calls/sec and 30 sec hold-time.
> > Knowing the above remark from the faq, this was a surprise to me also.
> >

> Have you checked the audio quality? Try dialing into the system while
> the test is in progress. If the audio quality is good, I'd say it's a
> miracle!

I did this, and the audio quality of a played wav-file is good to the caller.

In a repeated wav-file giving a continous tone no clicks are heard.

> > I noticed that the original IOCP bug ticket #985 is closed as being "fixed".
>
> It was "fixed" inside quotes. Actually it was closed with "worksforme"
> resolution.
>
> > Knowing there is such a difference in performance I am still interested in a
> > real solution to this bug.
>
> You could always modify the VS project and activate IOCP ioqueue if
> you're not affected by the bug.

I already did.

Until now I didn't experience the bug, i.e  no crash nor unexpected behaviour.

Thanks.

Arie

Alles wat je wilt weten over Windows 7, en meer !
http://www.windows.nl/windows7