High load after upgrade to release 1.5.5 (and 1.6)

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Arie Velthoen
<arie_velthoen at hotmail.com> wrote:
> My intention was to use about 500-1000 calls, but it appeared that there was
> no performance penalty in raising PJSUA_MAX_CALLS?to 2048 (before release
> 1.5.5).

Try lowering it now and see if the CPU usage decreases.

> On a "Xeon 5130 at 2.00GHz 2G Win2003R2" system I have reached some 1200 calls
> with a wav-player each,?using SIPp with?40 calls/sec and 30 sec hold-time.
> Knowing the above remark from the faq, this was a surprise to me also.

Have you checked the audio quality? Try dialing into the system while
the test is in progress. If the audio quality is good, I'd say it's a
miracle!

> I noticed that the original IOCP bug ticket #985?is closed as being "fixed".

It was "fixed" inside quotes. Actually it was closed with "worksforme"
resolution.

> Knowing there is such a difference in performance I am still interested in a
> real solution to this bug.

You could always modify the VS project and activate IOCP ioqueue if
you're not affected by the bug.

> Unfortunately I have no idea how to attack this bug myself.
> So any suggestion is welcome.

Well actually we're running out of ideas ourselves. :)

Cheers
 Benny