Issue with clipping in G711 codec

Hi, here is the situation:

a) I have a SIP client using PJMEDIA (VAD is off). We are using G711 codec
b) I make a call from the SIP client to a cellular # (via an appropriate
gateway)
c) The SIP client hears _fantastic_ media quality (hardly any latency, no
clipping, clear)
d) The cellular client hears reasonable amount of clipping

We verified RTP packet counts, latency and jitter logs - all is good, but
the mobile user is still hearing this problem.

So bottom line, we are assuming there is no issue with the network, it
likely has to do with the quality of packets PJMEDIA is sending out. One
guess is that maybe there is (lack of) echo supression etc going on in the
SIP handset which is causing the sampled packets to be clipped. Can you
advice on what parameters we need to explore in PJMEDIA to potentially
resolve the cause of this?