Hello, all! I am new here, can I ask some question about pjsip on iphone OS 4

The documents about iphone OS 4, mentioned about voip in this way:

"
In order for your application to maintain a persistent connection while  it is in the background, you must configure the sockets used to  communicate with your VoIP service. In iPhone OS, most sockets are  managed using higher-level constructs such as streams. As a result,  configuration of a socket to support VoIP occurs through the  higher-level interfaces. The only thing you have to do beyond the normal  configuration is add a special key that tags the interface as being  used for a VoIP service. Table 4-1  lists the interfaces that you can configure for VoIP usage and the keys  you assign.
"

how can I let pjsip work well under this?