Non-symmetric number of sound card channels

Hi all,

I was trying to open a 5.1 device using the splitcomb using 2 input and 6 output channels. This seems not to be possible.

Apart from the fact that portaudio does not recognize the correct channel number due to wmme, it still opens the requested number of channels if I use 6 out only. But when using in and out separately, I can't use echo cancellation on the first port. Additonally, I would like to open it in one step because I would like to be free to use asio in a second step, which requires exclusive access.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andreas