Accepting messages in iPhone OS4 Background mode

Hello everyone,

Do you know how the upcoming release 1.7 of PJSIP will work in iPhone background mode, now officially part of iPhone OS4?

I have already reviewed the following page, and I did find an answer there:
http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/milestone/release-1.7

We are planning to use PJSIP library on iPhone/iPod so it is nice to know that there will be many improvements in release 1.7 for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad devices.

As of now, we have created a prototype iPhone app using PJSIP 1.6.  The main focus was to send and receive text messages using SIP MESSAGE method.

It is working fine while the app is in the foreground.
But when the app is in the background, any incoming text messages seem to be queued up until the application comes back to the foreground.

There is no action happening from the PJSIP library while the app is in the background.   The desired behavior is to receive SIP messages from TCP socket even when in background, and to notify the application code via on_page message.  The application will then prompt the user if he/she would want to activate the application and read the messages (or start a voice call).

Are there any enhancements planned for working/staying active in background mode?  Can you suggest any workarounds, like listening to notifications from TCP socket directly?

Thank you,
Igor M