Speech quality (simple_pjsua)

Hello,

I try to build a small hidden SIP client for windows, that connects to
asterisk in lan and autoanswer calls in background.

Building with VS 2005 and desired functionality works fine but i discover
differences in speech quality when i compare to softphone like 3CXPhone or
Zoiper (i use asterisk Echo() for testing).

In simple_pjua the voice sounds more flanelly, a little bit like you sit in
a tin can. When the voice gets to loud, its like a strange distortion.

In all cases i used PCMA as codec. In simple_pjsua.c I changed clock-rate of
media-cfg to 64000.

I also tried recfile to compare the quality - there are no problems. The
resulting wav file sounds fine. Also the incoming Audio sounds good.

Is there anything I miss?

Regards Izaak