building PJSIP for mac osx 10.6.5 / iphone

Hello,
i make a sip phone client for iPhones iOS 4.2, therefore i would like to use the
pjproject library. I build the library "pjproject 1.8.1.0" like this:
?
./configure
make dep
make
make install
?
and the build process ends up without errors. Under /usr/local/lib i see as
expected the libraries .a files like "libpjsua-i386-apple-darwin10.5.0.a" if i
start the pj sample test application everything seems to be well. then i try to
link the library to my xcode project but if i try to compile the application i
get:
ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/libpjsua-i386-apple-darwin10.5.0.a, file was
built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked
(i386)
I see that the processor architecture seems to be wrong and i also try to build
the library for arm processors since i was not sure if the simulator emulate the
processor for iPhone, but this ends up with the error:
ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/libpjsua-arm-apple-darwin.a, file was built for
unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
Im working on:
Mac OS X 10.6.5 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
with the newest iPhone sdk
Has anybody a tip how can i make this library working in my iphone project? I am
thankful for any advise.