intentional feedback?

I am trying to work with a developer to troubleshoot echo issues in a
mobile-phone SIP application (csipsimple).

If I recall from my telecom days, there was sometimes a practice of
intentionally feeding back some of the received signal.  This was done
 to give the far-end talker a nice "reverb" sound to his voice, but is
a disaster if there is delay in the line.

Is there anything like this in pjsip?

Again, the issue is that a far-end caller (call him Frank) calls the
near end SIP device using pjsip (call her Sue), Frank experiences
significant echo of his voice.  Sue experiences no echo of her voice.
It seems that Frank's echo problems are not reduced even when Sue
covers her mic with her finger ("acoustic mute") while Frank talks.
This leads me to think that Frank's voice is being resent (digitally,
not acousticly) to Frank by Sue's device.  Since there is non-trivial
delay in the round trip, Frank hears significant echo.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!