Buffer problem

2010/8/18 R?gis Montoya <r3gis.3r at gmail.com>:
> What is strange is that linphone that has also an android version and use
> the same ilbc implementation and it works fine :
> The begin is choppy but after 3 seconds things become as fine as it is using
> pjsip when it works properly.
>
> Is that possible that when things are going wrong at the beggining (when CPU
> is the more used) it goes in a state where pjsip try to correct things which
> consume more cpu and so it goes worse.

The only thing I can imagine is the log, which the jitter buffer could
write too aggresively on certain circumstances, which may take out
precious processing power since writing to file is a blocking
operation.

Other than that, have a look at config_site_sample.h for suitable
settings for mobile devices, and also
https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/FAQ#cpu on optimizing PJSIP in
general.

> Probably, when things goes wrong, linphone just ignore this (and doesn't try
> to restablish things) and as then cpu is less used everything is better
> after 2 or 3 seconds of choppy sound.
>
> I repeat but it is really strange that with pjsip sometimes it works
> perfectly (and with a better quality than linphone).
> Is there a pjsua method I can test that (while in call) reset the rtp stream
> reader/writer? (I tried to stop / restart the stream but doesn't seems to
> affect network data processing, just the audio one)

Doing re-INVITE or UPDATE should restart the stream.

 -benny