enumerate audio devices

Hi,

Gino Maffeo wrote:
>    I cannot enumerate audio devices on my machine.
> pjmedia_snd_get_dev_count() always return 0.

I've had a similar problem on an Asus EEE PC 1005P with Ubuntu 9.10. Interestingly I was also using an external USB dongle (Terratec Aureon Dual USB).

It turned out that Portaudio (or at least the version that ships with PJSIP) was also returning zero devices. You can use the Portaudio function Pa_GetDeviceCount to see if the problem is in there. Do other programs using Portaudio (e.g. Audacity) detect your sound cards?

I fixed it by compiling PJSIP with the PortAudio libraries installed on the system (the version shipped with Ubuntu) instead of the version that ships with PJSIP. See ./configure --help on the --with-external-pa option. NB: this option is currently only available in SVN trunk, not in 1.5.5.

Regards,

Bram