From: Damir Arbula [mailto:damir.arbula@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2010 12:35 AM
To: 'pjsip at lists.pjsip.org'
Subject: ALSA audio sharing

Little update on the problem: it seems that reason for auddemo working with
virtual alsa devices and pjsua not working lies in pjsua's use of conference
bridge. If pjsua use real device hw:0,0 there is no problem but also no
sharing possibility. If it uses virtual device then function
snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near in alsa_dev.c (line 562, 678) changes
the period size parameter from 320 to 2000 which (presumably) somehow result
in conflict in conference bridge (line 1792).

I did not have enough time and more important skill (not a programmer) to
look into this problem but my long shot attempt would be to say that if alsa
virtual devices are going to be used in pjsip then something in conference
bridge has to be adjusted?

Regards,
Damir