Send RTP packets Indefinitely

Hi,

My application communicates with analog base station controller for field
communication.
this way it a one sided audio at any one point of time.
This uses a PTT mechanism.
>From my voip application i play an MFT(tones) indefinitely until i want to
talk.So i would be playing the tone in audio continously till i press PTT.
This means that i wont receive any RTP packets from the other end.

When i do this i am able to send it for around 2 mins.Then the RTP just cuts
off and i think its waiting for some audio form the other end.When ever
audio is there from other end i hearthe tone and then again its gone.
Is this this is because of VAD being enabled.I have tried disbaling the VAD
in G.711 codec... but did not help me.
And my application is not built on sip call but uses a multicast RTP stream
which uses the PCMU/8000(G711 u law) CODEC.

Is there any configuration item so that i can disable this stuff.....i
should be able to send my packets indefinitely...no matter i receive packets
from other end or not.
Thanks for your help. Looking forward for a solution.

Regards,
Ravi