SIP messages

Yes, pjsip can do that. You could select pjsip api which is "core sip
library" or higher level pjsip-ua api "sip user agent library".
Take a look http://www.pjsip.org/docs.htm Documentation by Architecture
And
http://www.pjsip.org/pjsip/docs/html/page_pjsip_sample_sipstateless_c.htm

http://www.pjsip.org/pjsip/docs/html/page_pjsip_sample_simple_ua_c.htm
       For simple UA example, you could remove media code and only handle
sip signaling.

regards,
Gang