From: Tom Johnson <tomjohnson3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 4:29 PM
Subject: pjmedia updates / bug fixes
To: bennylp at pjsip.org

hi benny,

i've been playing around with pjsip and pjmedia and ran into a couple
of issues, which i have fixed (see source attached). i'm not sure how
to submit bug fixes / updates...so i thought i'd write you an email
with the info. (please let me know if you have a preferred method that
i should follow in the future.)

here are the two issues, and what i did to fix them:

1) bug #597 (Error reading WAV files when there are extra chunks after
DATA chunk)

i've updated wav_player.c so that it plays only the DATA chunk, and
ignores other, unrelated chunks.

in addition to making a couple of small port struct changes, i had to
#ifdef a section of code that compares the length of the DATA chunk to
the remaining file length. (see PJMEDIA_WAV_PLAYER_VALIDATE_LENGTH.)
my thoughts: this block of code could be removed completely, since the
current DATA length check after this #ifdef-ed section validates the
length of the DATA chunk is all you really need.

2) endpoint creation fails when used on servers without audio subsystems.

i added the following code in endpoint.c so that an endpoint can be
initialized if it doesn't have (or use) an audio subsystem:

#ifdef PJMEDIA_ENDPOINT_HAS_AUDIO_SUBSYSTEM
? ? ? ?/* Sound */
? ?status = pjmedia_aud_subsys_init(pf);
? ?if (status != PJ_SUCCESS)
? ? ? ?goto on_error;
#endif

let me know if you have any questions. btw, i think pjsip and pjmedia
are really great! well done!

thanks, tom