How to replace real-time voice with (e.g.) a mp3 file in PJSIP samples

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answers. They have been very helpful.

I tried pjsua and recommended options as Roman suggested and it worked for
what I needed (with an issue I'll comment next). I assume that if I'd like
to implement a program myself which allowed me to do what I asked for, then
I should use PJSUA-LIB API. Anyway, in case I needed to use simpleua, I
guess I could see in the pjsua source code what is used to map a file as the
audio source (pjmedia master port?).

So, although I succeeded in establishing a SIP/RTP session between two hosts
and stream a wav audio file, in the receiver side I get sound in a very
choppy way. I tried changing sender and receiver hosts, but got the same
results. Wireshark show me that all RTP packets are sent (all sequence
numbers are received). However, some RTP packets are marked. Could this be
the problem?

Sender side
# ./pjsua-i686-pc-linux-gnu --play-file /home/dulceangustia/Desktop/file.wav
--auto-answer 200 --auto-play --auto-loop --no-tcp

Receiver side
# ./pjsua-i686-pc-linux-gnu sip:147.83.47.179:5060

I tried with mono 8kHz and 16 kHz sampled audio files (WAV) and specyfing it
in the command line but got the same choppy audio. Note that the file is
correctly encoded as it's properly played in the local host. Also note that
the sound gaps appear randomly, in every try but not in the same place in
the audio file. Both computers are connected through a LAN network with
UTP/Ethernet cables.

Any idea about what this issue can be caused for?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Javi