Audio drop out on caller site after running pjsua several hours

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Michael <michael_zurich at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Benny
>
> I compiled pj with portaudio PA-DS instead of factory PA-WMME and reduced
> latency to 40ms. Latency is the reason for PA-DS. This works fine for some
> hours.

Hi Michael,

actually another user also reported similar problem, with our (old) dsound.c
DS sound abstraction. So two different DS implementations exhibit the same
problem, there's a good possibility that this is DS problem. Please try with
PA-WMME, 40ms doesn't sound much IMO, especially with this stability cost.
In the mean time, we're working on optimizing the latency with the native
WMME backend in the next one or two releases.

Or if you can afford it, you can probably try with the so called Kernel
Streaming (WDMKS) backend in PortAudio. This should give the best latency on
windows since it bypasses the kernel mixer, but at the cost of exclusive use
of the device (only one app can use the sound device at a time). Who knows
maybe it'll be more stable as well. You will need to add PA-WDMKS source
file in our PA Visual Studio project though.

cheers
 Benny