audio problem with GSM on Symbian

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:41 PM, George Evi <george.evi at ctcinc.ca> wrote:

>  Hi Benny,
>

> Thanks for response.
>
> I forget to specify that I run the Release version (Sdk S60_3rd_FP1 Phone
> release, but not sure about the ?optimized?)

I think if you run Release build then it should be optimized (others please
CMIIW). Another way to check is to call pjsua on PC with the gsm codec.

> Your suggestion of running pjsua on desktop with GSM is a good idea but I?m
> not sure if I can have access to Rogers Wireless network (on the phone they
> are protected by SIMCARD).  I think they are selling a stick that you can
> log wireless everywhere with a laptop (but finally is a PC with a Pentium
> with 1.70GHz and Nokia E71 has only Arm 11 with 369MHz, can?t compare).

It's still the same network and server, so if they are the cause then we
should have the same problem with pjsua.

My point is, at this point we don't know what/who are to blame (is it the
client software, the network, or the server), so running either or both
tests above would help answer the question.

cheers
 Benny