audio problem with GSM on Symbian

We are not happy overall (when using GSM), actually the worst is for remote
side which experiences loss of syllabisis, some time stuttering and echo is
present.

We have good results with default codec PCMU but we wanted to have a more
performant codec with lower bit rate. After all tests made I start to think
that at least on Nokia E71 because of resource limitation (mostly CPU) we
can not use GSM or iLBC external codecs. I test iLBC and did a profiling
which shows a 60% CPU load which cause application blocking (not dead, no
crash) but don't respond to Hung-up but could use application Exit button.

I thing we should try as you suggested "Audio Proxy Server" which use
internal codecs and should give better results.

Thank you,

George.

  _____