get_frame()

Hi,

2009/3/28 Fran?ois Roseberry <frank_pharaoh05 at hotmail.com>:
> Hi again,
>
> When you call pjmedia_port_get_frame() on a port that has received no data
> (jitter buffer empty), is it supposed to fail ?

AFAIK, it is up to the port to return fail or return frame typed NONE
or generate data (e.g: using PLC). For example stream port, it has the
ability to generate audio frame (via PLC or zero fill) or return frame
typed NONE, hence it will always return SUCCESS.

> Cause in our program, there's a background thread that calls get frame
> approximately 30 times per second. The first time it is called there won't
> be any data received, and it calls pjmedia_port_get_frame() and it crashes
> on a memzero(). And VS doesn't let us debug inside PJSIP to see what's
> wrong.

In debug mode, you should be able to see the call stack (inside pjsip).

> I want to precise that we use our own codec, the nihil, which is empty and
> does nothing, and it works fine for registering to the endpoint and sending
> data.

If you are using the existing stream port, whenever the codec returns
non SUCCESS in decode() & recover(), the stream will return zero fill
frame on its get_frame(). Perhaps you can try that in your "null
codec".

Regards,
nanang