Problem with CANCEL

Benny Prijono wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Michael Broughton
> <Michael_Broughton at advanis.ca <mailto:Michael_Broughton at advanis.ca>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I have been doing some testing with the latest version of pjsip
>     and a new voip provider that we are thinking about using. We are
>     routing the sip traffic through ser, and everything seems to work
>     just fine except for CANCEL's.
>
>     When pjsip first sends an INVITE to ser it responds with an
>     updated Contact header. All subsequent messages (ACK, PRACK, BYE)
>     that pjsip sends to ser use that updated information in the
>     request line, except for CANCEL's. Whenever ser get one of these
>     CANCEL's from pjsip, it responds with a 404 user not found, and
>     the call gets stuck ringing until it times out.
>

> If I recall correctly, CANCEL needs to use the same info as the
> original INVITE?
>
> cheers
>  Benny

I think you may be correct...

rfc3261, section 9.1:

   The following procedures are used to construct a CANCEL request.  The
   Request-URI, Call-ID, To, the numeric part of CSeq, and From header
   fields in the CANCEL request MUST be identical to those in the
   request being cancelled, including tags.  A CANCEL constructed by a
   client MUST have only a single Via header field value matching the
   top Via value in the request being cancelled.  Using the same values
   for these header fields allows the CANCEL to be matched with the
   request it cancels (Section 9.2 indicates how such matching occurs).
   However, the method part of the CSeq header field MUST have a value
   of CANCEL.  This allows it to be identified and processed as a
   transaction in its own right (See Section 17).

It is interesting (annoying) that every other SIP phone we have tested
works just fine, but apparently they are not behaving correctly.

--
Michael Broughton, Advanis

Unintended Recipient & Unauthorized Use of E-Mail:
This message and attachments may contain confidential or privileged
information that is intended only for the named recipient of this
e-mail. Any unauthorized use or distribution is not permitted. If you
have received this e-mail in error, deleting the e-mail and notifying
the sender would be appreciated. Thank you.