stop recording when silence is detected

Hi,

Yes, I think you can use the Adaptive Silence Detection [1], and
create a simple media port just to filter the silence before the file
writer, and perhaps a simple counter to decide if EOF is reached
(after some contiguous silence frames). Here is a sample diagram:

input (e.g: audio dev/file reader/conf bridge) -> custom media port
(with silence detector) -> file/mem writer.

[1] http://www.pjsip.org/pjmedia/docs/html/group__PJMEDIA__SILENCEDET.htm

Regards,
nanang