stop recording when silence is detected

It is common in IVR type applications to allow recording to stop automatically if silence of (n) seconds is detected.  When using the File Writer (Recorder), can anyone suggest a way to stop recording when a given amount of silence has been detected?  I presume one could use the Adaptive Silence Detection algorithm, but not sure if I am on the right track on this.  If the Silience Detection algorithm is used, would one have to record to memory buffer and ?pipe? the pcm data into the algorithm?  Perhaps a special media port has to be created to implement this functionality.  Any ideas?

Windows Live? Contacts: Organize your contact list.