quick question about volume and PJSUA-LIB

Benny,

Based on the sample application, I was experimenting with separate
volume control over the "bridge" versus over any attached "leg". I
have modified the sample application so I can set volume on any
attached port as well as port 0. In doing this I've found that I
cannot  manage the volume in the expected fashion. Applying 2.0 should
double, applying 0.5 should halve. However,  it appears that these or
more absolute than relative. Repeated application of 0.5 does not
reduce the volume on the second and subsequent applications - the
volume remains the same. I had expected to eventually get an effective
mute.

The discussion with Jim lead to an absolute range of 0 to 255 and
controls that reflected that. The remainder of the discussion had to
do with min/max as macros and linker problems I had using them on the
Mac.

So, questions: Is the intent of pjmedia_conf_adjust_tx_level and
pjmedia_conf_adjust_rx_level to provide relative volume control or
absolute? Is this possibly dependent on the underlying hardware?

Chris