PJSIP PROXY and forking

Okay, I'm relatively new to PJSIP but I like what I see so far.

I've read through all the archives and looked at lots of the sample code but am still having trouble with a couple things.  I have created a stateful proxy (based on the example provided) because I want to be able to broadcast (fork) the INVITE to multiple UAs.

My first question is: How does the PROXY know to broadcast the INVITE?  Does the original INVITE contain the list of recipients or is this something the PROXY must know ahead of time.

My second question is: When the PROXY is sending out multiple INVITEs do you create multiple endpoints using (pjsip_endpt_create_request_fwd(), pjsip_tsx_create_uac(), pjsip_tsx_create_uas(), etc)?  How does it match up the incoming replies with the original INVITE?

I was going to just write some code and see if I could get it to work, but I thought maybe I should ask what the RIGHT way to do it is.

thanks...Tim