optimizing bandwidth usage for IVRapplications writtenusing PJSIP

Hi,

First I think you have to look a bit closer on frame length (ptime). I think
the default frame length for G729 is 10 ms so you will actually send 100
packet/s and the overhead is rather 32 kbit/s for RTP/UDP/IP.

So G729 with default settings will actually have higher bandwidth compared
to GSM, since the frame length is different. The only way to save more is to
increase ptime  and send multiple frames /packet at the expense of higher
delay.

If you want to receive inband DTMF you have to keep the media stream and I
think this also applies to DTMF with RFC2833, so SIP info is the only option
, then it depends if this is supported by the remote client.

I need to get back on the last question or perhaps some other on the list
can help.

BR/Olle

  _____