[PJSIP 1.1] deadlock on high call volume

Hi David

Thanks for the suggestions. I was doing the playing/recording/conference
add/remove port inside the on_call_state callback event. After some
research, I think the issue I mentioned has got to do with this

[pjsip] Infinite loop in jbuf causing deadlock,
http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2009-March/006761.htm

There was a bug in jbuf.c (v1.1) which resulted in an infinite loop. The
PJSIP release log shows that the issue has been fixed in PJSIP 1.2. So I
upgraded to 1.2 (I was using 1.1), did not change my code at all, and the
issue doesn't seem to appear anymore.

Nevertheless, you have a valid point that a deadlock may happen when calling
pjsua_ calls from a PJSIP callback event. Previously I observed deadlocks
when calling pjsua_call_makecall and pjsua_call_hangup, which could only be
resolved by calling these APIs from a separate thread but I did not know it
had to do with the callback event.

As an experiment, I run PJSIP 1.1 with code modified to do the pjsua_ calls
from a separate thread (and not in the PJSIP callback function) and the
issue also does not appear again.

Thanks