hook on rtp callback - help from expert is needed

hi all

i want to use pjsua for my p2p app.
i am using pjsua signaling as usual.
what i want is to call the rtp and rtcp packet and handle them myself.

the way i do that is:
1. remove sound device
2. on oc_stream_created callback, i detach the uses callbacks from the
used pjmedia_transport and attach my new function.
3. i plan of sending my rtp/rtcp throw the same function

the problem is that when i do that with disabling the sound device i get the
callbacks from the rtp but also i hear sound from the specker (i.e. pjsua
still get the rtp)
when i disconnect the sound device i don't get the callbacks

with the sound device, even when on *on_call_media_state* i don't connect
the port, i still hear sound (and also get callbacks)

is that ok?
what am i missing?

thanks,
jay